The essence of the way I like to teach watercolor technique is a blend of spontaneity and control. Anyone who has ever taken one of my online art classes, or just watched a free watercolor tutorial online (check out my youtube channel), knows I am a big believer of not fighting watercolor and letting it do its own thing.
Secret Bag of Tricks
In this new online watercolor class, Watercolor Textures, I have brought together my favorite bag of tricks that I incorporate into my landscape paintings over and over again.
One goal I made for this class, is that you will come away with an arsenal of tricks to use in your own paintings. Rather than learn how to copy a painting from start to finish, I want to share all my little secrets that I use in my watercolor paintings for creating textures. This way you will gain the confidence to do your own watercolor landscapes in your own style.
The Secret for finding time to paint
The focus on this class will be on individuality and self-expression. Of course you will learn lots and lots of watercolor techniques but rather than learning how to copy one painting you will learn techniques for skies, grass, leaves, trees, water, sand, waterfalls and more-- basically many textural elements that you encounter while landscape painting. This course will give you the confidence to create your own landscape painting (or ANY painting) in your own style.
- Learn how to make your watercolor landscapes interesting by choosing a focal point
- Master easy tricks for painting leaves
- Discover easy techniques for adding more textured looks to a watercolor painting
- Identify the individual artist inside of you by learning techniques you can incorporate into your own paintings in your own way.
- Build your landscape skills through lots of inspiring photo references and ideas on how to make the painting individual
- As an additional bonus training, you will learn how to make a no-sew watercolor sketchbook and cheap portable watercolor palette that fits in your bag so you can paint on the go and practice your landscape painting anytime and anywhere