by Emmy Hirsch, guest blogger
|For mixed media art journaling ideas, |
find Melissa on etsy
A visual journal is created using a variety of techniques. Drawing, sketching, painting, collage, splatter... these are just a few of the infinite possibilities to express yourself while creating interesting and unique pages. Artistically challenged? Stamps, vintage photographs, and magazine cutouts can all make up for the fact that not everyone can draw and paint.
|Wreck this journal! For more notebooks, |
find Mary Lynn on etsy
|Kathy's purple, green, and lavender mixed media kit|
Here are ten prompts to get you started on your art journaling journey:
1. Grab your favorite novel and open to page 87. Read the first paragraph and illustrate it.
2. Imagine your inner critic as a monster. Draw him.
3. Write down some of your favorite quotes or life mantras. Write them over and over again, using different lettering each time.
4. Pick a lyric from your favorite song. Illustrate it.
5. Draw a map from where you are to where you want to be.
6. You open a door. What's behind it?
7. Find Waldo.
8. Illustrate last night's dream.
9. You just came back from Paris. We want to hear about it.
10. One word: Breakthrough.
mentioned in this post: @yellowmelle @inbluehandmade
Emmy Hirsch is an intern at SchulmanArt and will be an incoming freshman at Franklin and Marshall College in the fall of 2013.
Here is a collection of art journal kits, blank journals to write in, art journal tutorials and art journal printable pages!